Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Switching to Sourdough...WITH KIDS!

My first attempts at actual sourdough bread. I started with:
Easiest Sourdough Bread by Weed 'em and Reap
Next I tried:
Natural Bread Yeast for Beginners by The Bread Geek
These were both good and I actually couldn't decide which I liked better. Most of my kids would eat the sourdough bread, but were not fans.
Then I tried
UN-sour Bread  by Weed 'em and Reap
This one is fantastic and all the kids eat it really well!
I even used that same UN-sour recipe to make whole wheat sour dough DONUTS! They turned out great!
This Natural Yeast Pizza Dough worked out great, too.
 In addition to these things I've been using up extra sourdough start on a lot of pancakes and waffles. I've learned to throw some milk, eggs a little bit of baking soda and salt and it works out great! I don't have an actual recipe for those...I just throw things in.
I've also had several Natural Yeast/Sourdough fails...but I'm excited about these good recipes I've found and that I am finally having success with this! Yay! I still use sprouted wheat flour in most of my recipes normal recipes (pancakes, waffles, cookies, pumpkin bread, applesauce muffins, banana bread, cream of wheat...), but it's nice to add sourdough to my repertoire so that I can make some of the other things (bread and pizza dough) that don't work with sprouted flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment