Sunday, January 22, 2012

Jungle Room

Next comes the nursery!
There was a big Halloween Party at the hubs' work, a few months ago, that involved some jungle decor. Afterwards, a lot of the stuff was "up for grabs" and he asked me if I wanted some of it. For free? Yes, we can definitely have a jungle room SOMEWHERE in the house, if it means I can decorate for free or close to it!
The hubs made this sun for the party. He cut out cardboard and covered it with yellow fabric. Love it! (And, of course, I mounted it with Command Strips!)



We got about 5 of these inflatable animals from the party.We also got these tiki torches from the party!I crocheted twine to make some holders for them. (Twine is NOT the easiest thing to crochet, it turns out, but I like the way it looks for the jungle theme).

Then hung them on these command hooks by the crocheted holders.
I had some leftover sheer, green, tool of sorts. So I tied the pieces together and wrapped it with twine to make "vines" to hang over the crib.



No comments:

Post a Comment