Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Phineas and Ferb Birthday Party!

We, as a family, really just love Phineas and Ferb. But Lala is OBSESSED with them! She went through a phase, recently, where she insisted that she was Phineas (made me call her by that name and everything!) and she also had an imaginary friend named Ferb. Add the fact that she has a summer birthday, and...we clearly HAD to do a Phineas and Ferb party for her!
I commissioned my BIL to do some artwork for us, and it turned out GREAT! (check him out here!), and I had my sister take pics for me!


I found lots of great Phineas and Ferb ideas here.
Here's what I ended up doing:
As the kids arrived, we let them take pictures with Phineas and Ferb! (the idea was to then shoot them off to one-hour-photo at Costco and have them in their goody bags by the time they left, but it didn't happen. Oh, well.)
Then, we did some fun things from the Phineas and Ferb theme song, like:
Building a Rocket:


Fighting a Mummy:
I just wrapped Lala's Dad in TP and let the kids fight him. Be sure you have some sort of foam swords for them to fight with though...the kids will want a weapon for this.


Climbing up the Eiffel Tower:



















Here is another spot where my BIL's great artwork came in handy! This activity was a HIT, by the way. They just kept climbing up and jumping off and they would have continued doing it all day, I think, had we let them!
Step stool + Pic of Eiffel Tower + Adult to hold hands with while jumping off = AWESOME!

Then we ended with some Pin-the-tail-on-the-platypus (from the above website), some presents, and some Perry Cupcakes (also from the above website).
It was so fun!

Cupcakes:
1. roll out some circus peanuts for Perry's tail:

2. make criss cross design with a butter knife
 3. rip off tiny pieces of some flattened circus peanuts and use frosting to stick them to mini blue airheads (circus peanuts are pretty sticky, so you could probably also must get the edge a little wet and stick them on that way, to avoid the white behind his bill). Also, use frosting to stick brown M&M's on for eyes:

4. insert 1 Perry and 1 tail into each cupcake. Enjoy!


Here are some of the signs that I made:




And this last one we found at Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment