Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Thank You Ikea!

We need curtains up in our family room. The windows are west facing, and some curtains would definitely help us save on cooling the house. So, I came across this neat lady's post on Pinterest. I was so excited! She said she got most of her supplies at Lowe's, so I ran out to Lowe's the next day! Sadly, I did not really find ANY thing at Lowe's! Well, not anything that would work for me. I need a 12' curtain rod, and I could only find an 8' wooden rod at Lowe's. So, when I got home, I hopped on the internet. I was able to find some brackets and finials at Hobby Lobby, and a canvas drop cloth at Walmart, but I could not find a 12' wooden pole, ANYWHERE!
So, I was at Ikea today and found a black metal rod for $6, brackets for $1.50 each and add on pieces (for the layered look) for $0.50 each! They also had a few ends to choose from, though I didn't really care for any of the ends that they had in stock. But I can now have a curtain rod for under $15! Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment