Thursday, July 12, 2012

Rag Rug

I made a rag rug! I found it on pinterest, and I have ALWAYS wanted to make one, so I jumped at the chance! If you can do a basic crochet chain, you can ABSOLUTELY do this! It was so simple! And if you cannot crochet...learn the basic chain stitch from someone...or online...and then you can ABSOLUTELY do this!
The instructions can be found here. I used one set of queen sized sheets (that we getting worn and holey) and it turned out this size:

I bout some fabric dye and dyed half of the sheets. If I were to do it over, I would have used a LOT more dye! I did not realize how little fabric I would be able to dye with one package of dye. But I like how it turned out, anyway, so, I feel good about it!

Other than that...the instructions were not real clear about how often to add an extra stitch, but I just did one every time I felt like my holes were not lining up quite right, anymore, and it seemed to work fine.
Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment