Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Curtains

We are FINALLY getting around to mounting our curtains! Now that summer is over and the curtains will just be open all of the time. Nice!
In the Master Bedroom, I found the brackets and rod at Ikea and ordered the sheer curtains through Groupon. They are Maytex sheer curtains and I got the pair for about $19 (counting shipping).

I found the finials at Hobby Lobby for something like $8 for the pair.

In the family room and the dining room, we bought 10 foot full round rods from Home Depot, raw wood brackets and round finials from Hobby Lobby, and used some wood stain from an old project. I sanded the wood down, used some wood conditioner (and I actually tested it: using the conditioner  first DOES make a difference!), then put two coats of the stain on everything.





The curtains are $10 for a pair at Ikea.

No comments:

Post a Comment