Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Despicable Me Minion

I love family themed costumes. This Halloween, we all went as Despicable Me characters. Now, you can't have a Despicable Me theme...without...a MINION!

So, I took 2 giant Nesquick tubs (the kind from Costco) and duct taped them together:
 We have some yellow, microfiber rags, so I taped one around the tubs. It didn't quite fit all the way around, and I didn't care enough to cover his back...

Then, I found some unused denim scraps:


Cut up the center for some legs:

Toilet paper rolls stuck in little black shoes:

 If I had more time, I would have made a cute little pocket for the little guys overalls, but I ran out of time. I just hot glued the pants to the microfiber rag.

Took a Mason Jar lid for the one eye:

cut out some white paper, drew the eye, and glued it to the inner part of the lid:

Used Duct Tape to fasten on the eye, and permanent marker to draw on a smile. Then I cut another microfiber rag in half, rolled the two sides up, and Duct Taped them on as arms: 
Pretty low key minion, but maybe it will help spark an idea for you, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment